Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Do not give up on a day

I blogged earlier in the day on http://birdinginegypt.blogspot.com/2010/04/heat-and-more-heat.ht
as the day progressed late afternoon a breeze came up and cooled the temperature down somewhat. and I could see it was going to be a time to sit down by the Nile to get a shot of the sunset. got a little more than what I expected as always.
I think this is the Honey Buzzard pernis apivorus, I thought first it was a kite but after watching them ( 3) none made a fan with the tail. not even when fishing I took over 30 shots in the space of 1/2 hour. they were such a joy just to watch especially against the breeze most of the good shots where as if they were hanging in the sky.































.

one of the Kestrels are still here


















Mr T with his big lens. what an odd place for a mirror I hear you say egypt sky watch. has the answer to that Question.













The Nile was so calm again today, if you have been following my life living in Egypt I have a photo of a large fish
that was taken in the weekly market.
these are the guys who caught the fish , no big uns today they said.










This shot will be put on the myegypt.co.uk website on Nile pollution. as will a few other oil slick shots I had today









Now these are tourist police who are supposed to be looking after the safety of TOURISTS. but none come down this end of the promenade now since they have taken all the boats away and pilled them in rows of 10 . because the whole of the prom is going to be dug out and lowered by 10ft,
can not see the sense in all this but this country has so much money they have to spend, spend, spend no they have not won the lottery,
much better than that they have other nations just pouring money into this oh so poor country, they have so many police all they can do is fight amongst themselves. here is me wondering whether I should tempt going out at 50 c in a pair of shorts and tee shirt. these guys are having a scrap in woolen winter uniform the white summer uni only comes out in the beginning of May, and I mean these pricks where in serious mood fisticuffs where in play as I moved over to tell them to behave they dispersed. good job they did or I would never have seen the mirrored glass by the wall facing the Nile,










The end of another day and its a good job I did not give up on the heat of the day, its quite easy to do that when I am stuck on the computer in an air conditioned room.
This next shot was taken with a circular polarisor filter attached to the lens, first shot was away from the sun then another into the sun giving it this black and white look, rather like it myself.
Its very rare I modify or alter my photos I can quite easily with photoshop 7. but I find photography is at its best when all thats done is a cut or size alteration for blogging,







1 comment:

  1. Isn't it a filthy place! What made you move there - if you don't mind me asking!?

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am retired . i came to Egypt after many years doing voluntery work here I refurbished the clinic in Daraw worked there for 6 months and fell in live with Egypt, I then came back to egypt on a holliday and stayed, I was about to retire for health reasons and egypt was the country with a low humidity for my authric condition, I met avery nice taxi driver , and because he was poor and I needed a home here I tried to help him and his family. he on the other hand was a swindler and before long after he swindled me out of my life savings, I found ot he wAS a drug addict with an addiction to opium,an alcoholic , a blackmarketeer in pharaonic items, and since taking him to court he has added a few more things to his credit, he bribes he pays for protection some call it mafia I call it thugery, a forger and a blackmailler. this once nice little man has dcided to be all changed and turned to islam and now he has a nice business can pay me back in instalments totaling the equivellant of 3000 sterling per year, thats 1000 less than i would get in a savings account and three thousand less if H borrowed the money from A bank,