Sunday, May 9, 2010

mothers day flower

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjgCHT_iVYb9Lu-ZhgbP4w1fz4TDdM6mjmaM5NWTn92-Z7BeyDeaFor_rELs4KisRG2fGfgibQDj2Z9vc_M6TZRcJI8gN9Qu7ItxmyEkywYVviy0lDfDfTPTI0rOtgMegKK2uQIsEAblyR4/s1600/IMG_0008.JPG
I never knew my mum , but I still enjoyed the blogs , particularly sap thanks Joan for the meanings of mothers day, todays blog has nothing to do with mothers day its just something I have been meaning to put on for a while. I am stuck in today. and need something to do,

In 1991 I was diagnosed with three slipped discs, that affected the nervous system apparently the spine houses the main bodies nervous system and they got trapped thus effecting my posture even the use of my arms and legs. One cannot describe the excruciating pain that it caused , with help from the doctor and once a week therapy I recovered my walk and stance but I could not lift any thing and had to take Ibroprufen 400 to stop the pain,( sometimes I still do) , so that put an end to my days as a builder. Too cut a long story, because it does not Rain here in Luxor Egypt I came here to Live free from pain and no arthritis I still have problems with lifting things and back pain if I over do my walks,

My first venture in Egypt was a hotel not actually what I wanted but I was conned into it, full story is on the justliars blogspot unless you have a spare few hours do not go there, 3 years later this is still in the courts, and I have to get on with my life. So what does one do after retiring from a very active life, first I started writing my memoirs of my childhood,
Going for long walks each day to keep a little fit then I started combining the walks with blogging,

Then I started blogging on how I was conned and this opened a whole new world. myegypt .co.uk was my only web site at the time named after the hotel and a means of getting customers to stay in my hotel. And no way was I going to blog my problems on my web site and all my family finding out I had been swindled out of my money.
Looking at blogs and seeing photos of different things. Gave me a new lease of life I could go anywhere I wanted on my computer at that time I had a laptop, all it was meant for was contact e-mails etc to my family. I had hundreds of photos of things I had seen in Egypt mainly the pharaonic tombs and temples etc, all on disc. and I started my first photo blog. Then I had a virus that wiped out my laptop . so I actually built my own pc first I had a small computer outlet here in Luxor build me a computer then I dismantled the whole thing and put in new hard drives and all the parafinailia that one needed to have a some what decent working pc. Then I started to put my cds on but not before I made sure I had a good anti virus etc, then I found all my cds where infected with the virus. What now? I had one blog up and running. myegypt tours I had another blog called cons in Egypt that told the story of corruption here in Egypt. The police actually asked if I would take it down , or it may harm your case, not knowing they are the cause of corruption in my case, most of the photos of the tombs and temples are from a re visit. Plus many new visits,
Then I started Birding birdinginegypt, I was blogging so much for people too see I was using my blog space up in a month so Ended up with splitting the blogs birds butterflies, bugs, dragonflies, plants then there was my daily life photos around luxor. I then found out every photo I put on was duplicated on every blog. I nice trick google have of getting us to buy more space for our sites, picasa web blogging is a bad one for regular bloggers, it also makes albums of every photo that is put on the computer. Ie 50 shots taken 49 deleted to put the best shot on the blog. But all go into the album, so 5o times more space is used up, needless to say I do not use picassa for blogging any more. They also made it very hard to delete albums as it meant loosing photos on the blogs, sounds complicated? Yes it is ! and they purposely made it complicated.
Not Only have I self taught the computer but thanks to word perfect, I have relatively got over my dyslexia,
Then there is the fact of being a Welshman and a spoken user of the welsh language.
The funny side of things is a natural thing for me, for instance,
the word plant, in Welsh is; children, so when I see a sign like, Heavy plant crossing the road, I naturally think of fat children crossing the road ,
some of the things they say here in Egypt many words are in the welsh language, but of course have completely different meaning, like twpha, apple. But in welsh it’s a funnel. And like wise things in English
how many meanings for light, in Welsh one. Its either, uscafn: light in weight, galau: day light, can I have a light. Gai tan, but of course we would say cai tan asgwelwch un tha. may I have a light please,
A flyer is a circular, no not a round thing, a piece of paper to say there is an event on , so I think the flyer could not take off because the flyer had a flyer that said the flight had been cancelled.
I tend to write as I think. like! I do not think, oh" the dog has left a stool on the pavement .
to me a stool is a 3 legged seat, I would use while milking the cows on the farm as a foster child.
and the dog would shit in the yard, there is no offence meant . we have turned the whole of the english langauge into other meaning words, and some offensive at that, like the word gay. to be
offering fun and gaiety; "a gala ball after the inauguration"; "a festive (or festal) occasion"; "gay and exciting night life"; "a merry evening"
Today it means,
someone who practices homosexuality; having a sexual attraction to persons of the same sex
Synonyms: homosexual, homo



quite opposte to its original meaning.
given to social pleasures often including dissipation; "led a gay Bohemian life"; "a gay old rogue with an eye for the ladies"
So I would rather stick to words in my head even if it does offend some, I see life through my camera only reason for that is to share with those of you who have the same illness I have, and are less fortunate than I .

I know what it means to be stuck indoors, or to a wheel chair, being able to use my legs and my hands is such a blessing . I have some pain today my own fault as I over did the walk again yesterday, days like today are far and few between and I can look forward to taking more photos. So please enjoy my life sharing photos from Egypt. those of you who have mums share your life with your mum , tell her you love her, tomorrow my be too late, happy mums day to you all
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjgCHT_iVYb9Lu-ZhgbP4w1fz4TDdM6mjmaM5NWTn92-Z7BeyDeaFor_rELs4KisRG2fGfgibQDj2Z9vc_M6TZRcJI8gN9Qu7ItxmyEkywYVviy0lDfDfTPTI0rOtgMegKK2uQIsEAblyR4/s1600/IMG_0008.JPG

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your problems over the hotel. I have heard of similar problems with many people who move abroad, even to places like Spain and France.

    Sorry also to hear about your back problem. I have had a few back injuries, and also several whiplash injuries, so tend to have problems with my back and neck and I really do appreciate how awful it is.

    You have certainly missed a lot of rain over the past few years as it seems to have done little else, though this years is certainly starting out better.

    Lovely flower shot by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am retired . i came to Egypt after many years doing voluntery work here I refurbished the clinic in Daraw worked there for 6 months and fell in live with Egypt, I then came back to egypt on a holliday and stayed, I was about to retire for health reasons and egypt was the country with a low humidity for my authric condition, I met avery nice taxi driver , and because he was poor and I needed a home here I tried to help him and his family. he on the other hand was a swindler and before long after he swindled me out of my life savings, I found ot he wAS a drug addict with an addiction to opium,an alcoholic , a blackmarketeer in pharaonic items, and since taking him to court he has added a few more things to his credit, he bribes he pays for protection some call it mafia I call it thugery, a forger and a blackmailler. this once nice little man has dcided to be all changed and turned to islam and now he has a nice business can pay me back in instalments totaling the equivellant of 3000 sterling per year, thats 1000 less than i would get in a savings account and three thousand less if H borrowed the money from A bank,